Vendor Master Record is used to storing information about an enterprise vendor. Information like Vendor’s address, the currency for transaction, payment terms and accounting information like reconciliation account are saved in a vendor master record.
Vendor Master Record stores information about three organization levels:
The data in Vendor Master Record can be subdivided into following three categories:
1. Client Data: Vendor’s address and bank details.
2. Company Code Data: Reconciliation Account information.
3. Purchasing Organization Data: Order Currency and Incoterms data
There are two types of transactions used to create a Vendor Master Record:
- If the vendor master record is maintained decentralized then we use the following transaction:
MK01- Create Vendor Master Record
MK02- Change Vendor Master Record
MK03- Display Vendor Master Record
Mk06- Flag for deletion
- 2. If the vendor master record is maintained centralized then we use the following transaction:
XK01- Create Vendor Master Record
XK02- Change Vendor Master Record
XK03- Display Vendor Master Record
Xk06- Flag for deletion
Create/Change/Display Vendor Master Record (Centralized):
SAP Menu- Logistics- Material Management- Purchasing Data- Master Data- Vendor- Central-Create/Change/Display
If we want to block only one material from being ordered from authorized vendor, we can block the vendor in “Source List”.
Reconciliation Account: If we buy some material from vendor then we have to pay for this. Reconciliation account is a sub ledger account in GL accounting.
Partner Roles: There can be various partner roles that our business partner can assume like Forwarder, Invoicing Party, Carrier, Payee etc.