TRANSFER POSTING IN SAP MM – TRANSFER POSTING IN SAP INVENTORY MANAGEMENT- MOVEMENT TYPES IN TRANSFER POSTING IN SAP MM - DOCUMENTS GENERATED IN TRANSFER POSTING - ENTRY OF TRANSFER POSTING USING TRANSACTION MIGO IN SAP MM - SAP MM TRANSFER POSTING - SAP TRANSFER POSTING - MOVEMENT TYPES IN SAP MM - WHAT IS TRANSFER POSTING IN SAP MM:
Transfer Posting means to change the title of materials like if we make a posting from quality inspection stock to unrestricted use stock or blocked stock to quality inspection stock or unrestricted use stock to blocked stock etc. The main point of Transfer Posting is to change the Stock Category/type (to change the title of Material like quality inspection to unrestricted use etc) of a material. In Transfer posting an involvement of physical goods movement is not necessary.
Transfer posting can be of two types:
- Stock to Stock ( like unrestricted stock to blocked stock)
- Material to material
Movement Types in Transfer Posting in SAP MM: As I already said Transfer Posting need not involvement of physical movement of goods. In Inventory Management there are three types of stock that indicates how the material can be put in specific category…
- Unrestricted stock
- Quality Inspection Stock
- Blocked Stock
If we change the title of material (like unrestricted stock to blocked stock) then we have to make transfer posting using MIGO transaction in SAP Material Management. Physical goods movement to different storage location is possible within one plant.
MOVEMENT TYPES IN TRANSFER POSTING IN SAP MM: There are following movement types while making transfer posting using transaction MIGO in SAP MM…..
Unrestricted Stock to Quality Inspection Stock - 322
Quality Inspection Stock to Unrestricted Stock - 321
Quality Inspection Stock to Blocked Stock - 350
Blocked Stock to Quality Inspection Stock - 349
Unrestricted Stock to Blocked Stock - 344
Blocked Stock to Unrestricted Stock - 343
DOCUMENTS GENERATED IN TRANSFER POSTING IN SAP MM: During Transfer Posting there is no physical movement of goods so there will be no reduction in stocks so System will generate only material document and no accounting document will be generated.
ENTRY OF TRANSFER POSTING USING TRANSACTION MIGO IN SAP MM: There are following steps to make entries for Transfer Posting using transaction MIGO…
1. From the SAP easy access screen, Choose – Logistics – Material Management – Inventory Management – Goods Movement – Transfer Posting (MIGO).
2. Choose Transfer posting and others, as reference.
3. Enter the relevant movement type depending on transaction.
4. In the item detail data, Enter Material (also specify issuing plant and storage location).
5. Under to data, mention the receiving material, receiving plant and receiving location.
6. Enter quantity in item details.
7. Enter stock type as source and destination.
8. Check – Item ok
9. Make the transfer posting.